The Department of State has enhanced public participation and has reduced errors by processing information electronically:
- Program Offices submit documents to send to OMB in electronic format, avoiding transcription errors.
- Burden data provided to DIR through electronic submission so this information can be directly sent to OMB, automatic calculation fields eliminate error.
- Federal Register documents are provided in electronic format so direct submission to FR of these electronic documents eliminates transcription errors.
- Public comments are sent electronically to . The comments are visible to other members or the public; the Department will respond to all comments on the relevant final rule.
- Electronic documents provided for public comment requests eliminate errors that could be associated with verbal/phone responses.