Travel to Costa Rica, June 1-2, 2021
Secretary of State Antony J. Blinken traveled on June 1-2 to San José, Costa Rica, where he engaged with senior leaders from Central America, Mexico, and the Dominican Republic, as well as Costa Rican government officials and civil society.
While in San José, Secretary Blinken met with President Carlos Alvarado Quesada and Minister of Foreign Affairs Rodolfo Solano Quiros to discuss the strong U.S.-Costa Rica relationship, which benefits the people of both our countries. Secretary Blinken then participated in a meeting with senior leaders from member-states of the Central America Integration System (SICA), along with Mexico. Together, they advanced a collaborative approach to addressing the root causes of migration, including improving democratic governance, security, and economic opportunity for the people of Central America. He also met separately with several of his foreign counterparts to discuss joint efforts to address bilateral and regional issues.
Through these meetings and engagements, the Secretary reinforced our cooperation on shared priorities, which include promoting inclusive economic growth, combating the COVID-19 pandemic and recovering from its effects on our societies, and protecting livelihoods and the planet through environmental stewardship and action on climate change.
- June 2, 2021 Secretary Antony J. Blinken with Juan Carlos Lopez of CNN en Espanol
- June 2, 2021 Secretary Antony J. Blinken Meet and Greet with Embassy San Jose Staff
- June 2, 2021 Secretary Antony J. Blinken on National Land Use, Land Cover, and Ecosystems Monitoring System (SIMOCUTE) Initiative
- June 2, 2021 Secretary Antony J. Blinken at Sembremos Seguridad Site Visit
- June 2, 2021 Secretary Blinken’s Meeting with Mexican Foreign Secretary Ebrard
- June 2, 2021 Secretary Blinken’s Meeting with Foreign Ministers from the Hemisphere
- June 1, 2021 Secretary Antony J. Blinken and Costa Rican President Carlos Alvarado at a Joint Press Availability
- June 1, 2021 Secretary Antony J. Blinken and Costa Rican President Carlos Alvarado Before Their Meeting
- June 1, 2021 Strengthening Democracy in Central America and Addressing Root Causes of Migration at Central American Integration System Meeting
- June 1, 2021 The United States and Costa Rica: Partners in Democracy and Security