DSS special agents are sworn federal law enforcement officers and specially trained Foreign Service security professionals.
- Advise the U.S. ambassador on all security matters
- Manage a complex range of security programs designed to protect personnel, facilities, and information
- Protect the U.S. Secretary of State and visiting foreign dignitaries
- Investigate passport and visa fraud
- Conduct administrative and criminal investigations of personnel who report to chiefs of mission at diplomatic posts or are U.S. Department of State employees
- Conduct personnel security investigations
Click here to find out more about Careers